The Incredibles (1 & 2)

Movies, 2004/2018, PG

Premise - In a political climate that rejects "supers," a family with incredible powers must keep their abilities hidden. Bob Parr, once known as "Mr. Incredible" wishes to relive the glory days in which "supers" were openly allowed to be heroes.

Review - I can keep this fast and simple. This is a classic. I love it. I was raised on it. It's one of those films from Pixar's glory days (aka my childhood). It's a high quality movie with great characters and great music. I might add to this later but I'm too lazy right now; everyone knows it's just a good film. (95/100)

Quote - WE'RE DEAD!!! WE'RE DEAD!!! WE SURVIVED BUT WE'RE DEAD!!!

What to watch for - Frozone's wife. Except you can't watch for her; we never see her. I love that she's so famous for lines she yelled off screen.

EDIT 7/9/18: I SAW THE INCREDIBLES 2 LAST NIGHT AND IT WAS AMAZING.
I almost feel as though in some ways it was better than the first?!?!
I've been debating back and forth whether I like the first or the second one better but they're both just so good so I'm going to bump up the score from 92 to 95 and say that's for both of them.

Once again the film was able to brilliantly balance the super, extraordinary elements, and the down-to-earth, regular family elements, juxtaposing them in the most hilarious ways. And the plot!!! So suspenseful and engaging!!

If you liked these movies, I'd recommend Big Hero 6!

Directed by Brad Bird (who was Edna Mode btw hahaha)
Distributed by Pixar

Comments

Popular Posts