That Awkward Moment

Movie, 2014, R

Premise - After one friend's impending divorce, a group of three friends make an agreement to stay single during the next phase of their youths. All three of them must suppress their budding romances to honor their friendship to one another, possibly ruining the best thing to ever happen to them.

Review - How good was this movie? Well, I guess, good enough for me to finish it... after over a year. That said, it was good enough that a year after starting it, I was still invested enough to go back and see how it ends.

The appeal of this movie is the cast, with stars Zac Efron and Miles Teller. The writing is simple, affords a few laughs here and there but nothing out of the ordinary. There's really no greater meaning or social merit to this film. It has nothing new to say, in fact actually perpetuating outdated stereotypes of the dating world, masculinity, and sex. But hey, I laughed. And I finished it.

Zac Efron is one of the most beautiful gifts to this world, as was the High School Musical trilogy. But even that is not truly enough for me to get behind the strange string of bromance comedies Zac put out in this phase of his career. I love him in musicals and serious roles. For these bro-y movies, I can't even say he's that great of an actor, and unfortunately he's come out with a lot of movies like it. But I mean, he's pretty, and I'm weak, so I watched and enjoyed anyways. (57/100)

Quote - Your dick looks like a yam

What to watch for - I mean, I watched for Zac Efron... but Miles Teller has incredible comedic timing, and his relationship with Mackenzie Davis's character is adorable.

If you liked this movie, I'd recommend Friends with Benefits!

Directed by Tom Gormican
Distributed by Focus Features


Comments

Popular Posts